The Balfour Road Project was originally erected as a wool store during the 1950s. The project entailed several significant undertakings. These included;
- Seismic upgrade to bring an existing 5-story heritage building up to 80% NBS (New Building Standard) compliance,
- Redevelopment of its front façade,
- Exterior repaint,
- Installation of a new tempered outdoor air supply system (comprising chilled water air handling units with electric heating),
- Complete re-roof,
- New external precast staircase from level 3 carpark to Balfour Road (Level 4)
- New external structural steel canopy to level 3 entry
- Transformation of the level 1 loading dock into a new building entry
- Comprehensive commercial floorplate strip-out and base-build refurbishment for Levels 3-5, all executed to a meticulous design by Fearon Hay Architects.
Situated within a live environment and established residential community, the project underscored our unwavering dedication to mitigating any adverse impacts on our neighbours and existing tenants who were operational throughout the project.
The intricate nature of this project rendered it a challenging development during multiple covid lockdowns. The phased design and tenant handover phases introduced a multitude of operational and logistical challenges throughout both the Early Contractor Involvement and construction stages.