Economic sustainability involves making sure our business makes a profit, but also that business operations don’t create social or environmental issues that would harm the long-term success of the company. Good governance and effective risk management are therefore integral to sustainable operations
NZ Strong is in the fortunate position of having robust governance practices and hands on directors with over 130 years combined construction industry experience.
In the current high risk growth stage of this construction cycle it is imperative to have governance with a clear strategy on managing and sustaining growth. Key strategies include:
- Targeting specific clients
- Management staying close to projects
- Choosing the right procurement method & engaging subcontractors early to avoid supply chain risks
- Focusing on design quality and ensuring time frames are not reduced
- Utilisation of proven constuction management and financial software to provide clear and current reports on all financial matters.
- Disciplines to implement and maintain QA, H&S and Environmental management systems at all times. Our systems are based on, and certified to, ISO 9001 – (Quality), ISO 14001 (Environment), and the recently released ISO 45001 (Health & Safety) standards.